1.27.2016

Two things about Bernie

Here’s one.

Here’s the other.

Look. I was a Democrat from 1960, when I voted for JFK, to 1988, when I voted for Michael Dukakis. For a lot of those years I carted around a DNC card in my wallet. For a few of them, I was a precinct committeeman in Illinois. For all of them, I campaigned for and voted for people I wanted to win. Most of them didn’t. But so what.

Then along came Bill Clinton and I got introduced to the idea of voting for people I really didn’t like, just because the other guys seemed worse. I’ve been doing all too much of that since.

But no more. I’m back to voting for people I like and if you call that a wasted vote, well, tough. We’re never going to get the government we want if we keep voting for people we don’t. That’s the way I see it, and that’s that.

No comments: