1.28.2016

My lucky day

I shoved some stuff around in a kitchen cupboard to make room for a can of tomato sauce and discovered a can of Spam I didn't know I had. Huzzah.

I'm pretty sure it was half of the winter foul-weather emergency stash I put away, as a matter of course (this is New England after all), in early December: A jar of peanut butter and a can of Spam, which will get me through a week at least. Unaccountably, we haven't had any weather emergencies this year (so far) and I cracked open the peanut butter a couple of weeks ago. Completely forgot about the Spam. Until just now.

Since I also laid away a can of Spam for the big Snowzilla last week that didn't manage to show up here, I now have two cans of Spam and half a jar of peanut butter on the shelf. I could hold out longer than an Oregon militiaman on that.

No comments: