9.09.2015

I bit into a donut this morning and it was bright yellow

I don't mind eating bright yellow corn puffs, but donuts? Turns out it was this late-season spell we've been having that threw me off. The donut was pumpkin, and yes, we're into that.

Tomorrow is the county fair parade. Probably I'll go, at least for some of it. It's the same parade every year; I know it by heart. But it's the only parade we have, unless you count Memorial Day, which doesn't count.

And there are bands – the high school and middle school marching bands, both gloriously out of tune and out of step (but school just started last week, didn't it?). That makes it worthwhile, right there.

I'm told we have a new health official in town who's complaining about the fried dough booth at the fair itself. This is the most exciting thing that's happened for a while. But I'm not sure it's enough to get me there. Once a decade is enough for this fair, and I just went three years ago.

I try to avoid buying donuts, but sometimes I am weak.

No comments: