7.09.2015

Absolutely

Bush, being a Bush and therefore not hampered by elegant, let alone decipherable, phraseology, did however clearly say people weren't working long enough, not hard enough. And he's right. I myself just spent the better part of two decades working at part-time jobs and there wasn't a minute of that time (OK, maybe a minute but less than five) I didn't want more hours. I can't immediately verify the number Bush quotes in the tweet above but it doesn't sound at all out of line to me, in view of the lackluster recovery from the most recent bloodletting.

Of course the question remains whether there's enough work for people who want to have full-time jobs to have them. But a whole lot of people do need more work and want more work and if the Democrats can't see that they ought to go home, shut up, and let us get on with things.

No comments: