5.31.2015

NEW! strikes again

My walking numbers were very good last week and anyway it's kind of raining, or at least it looks like rain, so I'm taking a kind of slow day today. I don't mind walking in the rain, especially at this time of year. Even when it's cold and nasty a good hat and an excellent slicker keep me pretty dry. And in the weather we're having now (somewhat on the high side of average for the season), a little spritz is refreshing. I carry a plastic bag to put my phone in.

So I did walk out to a place I could sit and read my current book (Rebel Yell) over a cup of coffee for a little while and then, on the way home, pick up some paper towels.

The paper towels I buy, a generic brand, are now NEW!, it turns out. They're fatter or something, puffier, more luxurious (!). And for the same price, one gets all these advantages plus 7.5 percent fewer sheets.

No comments: