2.27.2012

OK, I give up

Mitt Romney scrambles to nail down home state of Michigan - The Boston Globe

“I think I can show I can fight real hard and come from behind,’’ Romney said yesterday on “Fox News Sunday.’’ “I’m planning on winning here in Michigan, and also in Arizona. That’ll be huge, having come from so far behind here in Michigan.’’

Romney "until two weeks ago had a comfortable lead in the polls. Now those polls show a dead heat," says the Globe. So much for coming from "so far behind,"

And the silent movie won. I am officially declaring myself clueless (although judging from the box office receipts I'm not the only guy who hasn't rushed out to see it). Possibly the reason I thought the whole award show was pretty flat is that I've only seen one of the movies, Midnight (and that I liked a lot). I want to see Moneyball and Tinker Tailor, and although I'm not much interested in Margaret Thatcher it's always a pleasure seeing Streep work, so that one too. Otherwise, not so much. And how can a silent movie win an award for music, I'd like to know.

Anyway, all the silent movies were made years ago. Why make more? That's about as pointless as electing one of those R's they've got running around in Michigan—well, until tomorrow, when they'll all go away and infest some other state. Maybe even here. Ah, Mitt, we knew ye plenty well.

No comments: