2.15.2011

Ketchup will be our vegetable for this evening

Today was a certified real cold day, 21 or 22 degrees at the end of the afternoon and seemed colder than that. I had to go to a nearby town to work this afternoon. It takes three hours of bus riding and walking to do a two hour class there, which is why I noticed all that cold. Brrrr. I didn't have time to get to the grocery store this morning so I stopped by the convenience store on the way home and picked up some bread and some tube steaks. The ketchup I already had.

Tomorrow will be warmer. I see a whole lot more 30's on the forecast pane that 20's now, and now and then there's even a 40, so I'm thinking the worst of the winter is finally past us and the trend is up. An old timer I met at the bus stop said he figured it would take six weeks to get rid of the snow. He seemed pretty definite about that. He also said this was the worst winter he could remember since 1983. Or maybe '85, but what's the difference. I'm thinking at least we might hope for next year to be a little easier.

The best thing is, that trekking around on the bus is about helping show people how to use Windows, which means what I do just might help Bill Gates make more money. How incredibly awesome is that?

No comments: