1.20.2011

I love it!

AT&T asks top court to recognize its ‘personal privacy’ | Raw Story

The Supreme Court heard oral arguments today on a case between AT&T and the Federal Communications Commission, revisiting the legal concept of “corporate personhood” last strengthened under the court’s Citizens United ruling on corporate campaign spending....

The case before the court focuses on whether AT&T, a corporation, can stop government agencies from releasing information obtained for law enforcement purposes by claiming such disclosures would violate the company’s “personal privacy.”

Dude, this is wonderful. What I want to know now is, can a corporation be arrested and put in solitary confinement? Or sent to Gitmo? Or yeah, somebody's already raised this question, can I marry one? (I might even consider marrying one in solitary confinement if I get half the property.)

Also, what is this personal privacy right of which they speak? Would that be the one where AT&T helps the Feds listen in on my calls? 

Wait....

No comments: