8.11.2010

That weird old guy mumbling into his earbuds there...

...that's me. Really. Ever since I discovered I could just ask my phone what time it is by just pinching the little thing on the earbud wire and, well, asking (you never know until you try) I ask every minute or two just so I'm not out of the loop or anything, if you see what I mean, but his afternoon on the way home from the drugstore I asked for the time and the nice lady computer's voice got it wrong. Five hours wrong. So what's with that?

When I got home I investigated and the time on the face of the phone said 7:15 but the time on the world clock app (we say stuff like that here in appsville) said 2:15, which is right. Of course on a phone the network should be taking care of all that, but I opened the date control and noticed the time zone was set to Washington, DC, which should be the same time we have here, but just to be sure I changed the location from Washington to Boston and the whole clock glitch corrected itself and everything's been fine since that.

So next time somebody tells you they don't know what time it is in DC they just might be right.

No comments: