4.07.2009

I hate leftovers

Especially broccoli. Of course I'm not too fond of un-leftover broccoli either. In fact, the only thing I ever agreed with a Bush on is broccoli. But I have this little dab of broccoli left over and so into the fridge it goes. And that's what I hate about leftovers.


Throwing them away makes me feel guilty. Probably, it has something to do with my grandmother's frequent reminders about starving children in China. Maybe back in the 40's we were shipping boatloads of leftover veggies to China, I don't know. I never quite figured that part out. But still.


So what I do is put them in a little dish, stuff them into the fridge, and save them for a week. Then throw them out. Tomorrow is the day for throwing out. So in the morning, I can go through the fridge and find all the stuff I put there last week and get rid of it. Which is some kind of progress, at least.



No comments: