1.21.2009

Wherein I get carded on Yahoo

It's only half over and already it's going down as a technologically imperfect week. This morning I set up an email account at Yahoo to use as a demo in class. We set people who need them up with email addresses at Yahoo because it's easy and free, and now that I'm working sometimes in a lab with a smartboard projector it will be useful to have one of my own so I can show, instead of just telling, how it works.


So far so good, but in the process, without thinking, I pick 1/1/2000 my birthdate and get dumped into a notice that I now have to get my Mom or Dad to vouch for me, and doing so will cost them 50 cents. If it weren't for the 50 cents, I'd play their game. But as it is, I decide to try again, this time with a more geezer-appropriate date.


Yahoo has fiendishly set some sort of kiddie cookie in my browser, though, and my second attempt fails too. So now get rid of that, and try one more time.



No comments: