10.08.2008

Time flies

Here it is almost noon and the only thing I've accomplished all morning is throwing away my little list of subjects I was hoping to hear addressed in the presidential debates this year. Not that there was anything serious on it - just little things like NAFTA, war profiteering, the privatizing of essential government functions, data security, FISA, torture as national policy, and whatever...oh yeah, assuring our elections are fair and honest. Nothing totally important, or anything like that.


I'm figuring Obama will win this thing, assuming the election is fair and honest (a proposition upon which I, myself, would not wager one thin dime). Which is good, because a McCain win would be about as imminent a disaster as one is likely to confront - except a Palin presidency, at the thought of which my brain completely shuts down. Why bother thinking at a time like that? Just run.


Not that I expect much from that - an Obama presidency, I mean. I expect he'll be a weak President - he's a facilitator, not a leader - probably a one-term President, and very possibly he'll set us up for another Republican reign of terror down the line.


I could get away with not voting for either one, living, as I do, in a state that will go for Obama with me or without me. But I'll be at the polls anyway voting, as they say, down-ticket, so I might as well check a box for Obama just so I can say I did.


But I may well skip the next debate because, Dude, I have already heard way more than enough of nothing much.



No comments: