10.05.2008

"Stiff"! It's ruining my day!

And not because it's stinky and gooey (it is, a little, but in a good way) but because it's a book I can't put down (or unplug from my ears, as the case may be). Joyfully written by Mary Roach (and, for audiobook fans, brilliantly read by Shelly Frasier), "Stiff" is a book about the excellent adventures of cadavers.


Who knew? (Well, OK, I sort of did. In a way. But not as much as this. Not anywhere as much as this. Not even close.) Stiffs do amazing things. And they've been at it for a long, long time.


The book came highly recommended so I'm not surprised it's good, I'm just surprised by how good. Like, you've-gotta-read-this good. Like awesome.


So Mary Roach's "Stiff" becomes the first book ever to go on the blog book list even before I've finished reading it. (When literary awards are handed out that's gotta count.)


(And thanks to both our Midwest and Seattle bureaus for pointing it out to me.)



No comments: