10.13.2008

Buck up, pal


I am stepping away from Bears football for a while after this. I have better things to do than flush 3 hours of my time watching this slow death over and over again.

[From a comment at Rosenblog| Chicago Tribune | Blog]

Chicago is the city of broken sports dreams, except of course for Michael Jordan's reign and a handful of Ditka years and, oh yeah, I think the Sox won something once, I'm not sure. But what I'm saying here, Bunky, is if you want to be a sports fan in Chicago learn to enjoy the slow death thing. That's pretty much just what there is.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seattle sports are even worse, I'm afraid. The Seagulls have won ONE game this season. Mariners finished last in their division, (and only one team won fewer games in the entire league). The Sonics freakin' MOVED OUT!

I love Chicago sports! Go Bears, I say. I cheered for the Cubs and White Sox, too. (Last year, U of I finished second in Big Ten football.)

They never win, you say. Well, you're right. Maybe that's the slow death of us all, but they do well enough for us to hope, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Hey, no secret code to publish? How lax.

Ted Compton said...

Yeah, well, I took the secret code off for a while. If we pick up a lot of spam I'll turn it on again.

Go Bears, yea! These guys who are feeling so frustrated now should have lived through the Walter Payton years, BD (Before Ditka). Real Chicago fans don't expect to win.