9.09.2008

Oh, right, almost forgot

The world ends tomorrow, somewhere around 3:15 PM. That would be Eastern Time, I suppose, although under the circumstances the exact time zone doesn't matter all that much.



Why the Earth could end when the new collider fires up

[From Why the Earth could end when the new collider fires up -- chicagotribune.com]

Or, maybe not. Says US physicist Steve Giddings:



"There were already very strong physics arguments that there is no risk from hypothetical micro black holes, and we've provided additional arguments ruling out risk even under very bizarre hypotheses."

[From Physics expert: European collider is safe - UPI.com]

So OK then. Arguments. That ought to do it, then.


Me? I'm not worried. Although I don't think I'll pay my electric bill until Thursday.



No comments: