2.22.2008

The Governor went home

Or something like that. At any rate, the State has closed down for the rest of the day due to snow. I am not a state employee but I work in a state office (never mind, this is Massachusetts, you wouldn't understand it anyway) so I can go to the beach. Or just hang around, whatever. Fortunately I went out and did errands earlier and picked up a nice can of SPAM, the kind with the capital letters, so at least I won't run out of good things to eat. Let it snow.


It's really not snowing that hard, maybe a half-inch an hour, if that, but it's been snowing all morning and it's supposed to snow all afternoon and much of the night. It's a light, dry, powdery snow and the streets are staying pretty well brushed off by traffic. But the nice thing (or maybe the bad thing) about living here in the hinterlands is that over in Boston, where the State is, after all, they tend to panic about getting home after work. Anyway it's Friday, so why not.



No comments: