2.21.2008

Finally, a sex scandal

Now we can get down to some real politics at last.



TOLEDO, Ohio -- John McCain denied a romantic relationship with a female telecommunications lobbyist on Thursday and said a report by The New York Times suggesting favoritism for her clients is ''not true.''



''I'm very disappointed in the article. It's not true,'' the likely Republican presidential nominee said as his wife, Cindy, stood alongside him during a news conference called to address the matter.

[From McCain denies NY Times report :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Elections]

Bring the mud.


And speaking of happy developments, it looks like the greatest-of-all Mac blogging software, ecto , is finally back. Or at least I've finally discovered it's back. Whatever version I was using before - 2, maybe - got munged when Blogger changed their API and I never figured out how to get it working again. What I'm using now is a beta version 3.


Not only does this make blogging a whole lot easier but it resolves a serious identity crisis as well. I've been running Vista (shhhh) in a VM, mostly to start learning the thing so I can relate to people in class who wind up with it, but also because it contains an app called "Windows Writer" that was doing a better job than anything I had available on the Mac (mostly Firefox). This was enormously frustrating not only from an esthetic point of view but also because it sucked up a considerable amount of resources for a relatively minor task. No, however, more. Woohoo!



No comments: