4.25.2007

Don't worry, Bunky, it never crossed my mind

I bought this little two-step ladder thing because I figured it was about time I stopped standing on chairs and it has a sticker that says, “Do not climb backside.”

It's been that kind of day. I got an email from PFAW (“People for the American Way,” I think that means) with the heading...

Bring Back Ashcroft?
...and begins...

Of course we don’t want to bring back former Attorney General John Ashcroft, whose record as Attorney General was deplorable.
See what I mean? And the thing is, I upped my hard drive to some new and enormous size and I was just considering starting to save my mail, just because I can, which would be a big step to take because the whole idea of saving mail is way beyond my understanding (no I don't want to be reminded I said that) and that message turns up, ruins the whole thing. Or saves me from certain folly, whichever.

Ten or twelve emails are enough. That's my policy and I'm sticking to it. Get used to it.

No comments: