2.01.2007

On ethics and speed.

In Illinois, reports Inside Higher Ed (I used to know an Ed but he was one of the lower ones, I'm thinking) (yes, I'm wandering off the topic here a little, you're right) - in Illinois, as I was saying, a professor from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale flunked a state-required ethics test recently by completing it too quickly. (In fact, now that you mention it, I used to know a guy called Fast Ed but that's a little off the topic too.)

Meanwhile, from skippy and a semi-sane mad woman comes news of a police chief in Kewaskum, Wisconsin, who accidentally drove past a school bus with its light flashing and promptly issued himself a $235 traffic ticket and penalized himself 4 points on his license.

It's pretty cold in Wisconsin, so if he got outside his car to write himself the ticket he probably did it pretty fast - too fast for Illinois, would be my guess.

No comments: