5.27.2006

One sounds about right to me.

Internet jukeboxes: A brave new world, or the end of an era? - Boston.com: "'I think you only need one Ohio State Marching Band,' McCarthy says with a laugh. 'I don't think too many people come in and say, 'You know what, I really need to hear a good marching band.''"

I don't mean to be obstructionist or anything but maybe this Internet jukebox idea is one song too far. Long after American food began all tasting the same everywhere along the road there was still the possibility of stumbling upon some jukebox-defined personality now and then. And there was that place on North Clark Street in Chicago, the place with all the Sinatra, you always knew was the place to go on a moody evening in July. Turning jukeboxes into big iPods is, well, not the same.

Of course if what you want to hear is the Michigan marcing band, well then.

No comments: