11.06.2023

Sorry, Dubuque, maybe next time

‘Amtrak Joe’ Biden is off to Delaware to give out $16 billion for passenger rail projects

The Democratic president is headed to Bear, Delaware, on Monday to announce more than $16 billion in new funding that will go toward 25 passenger rail projects between Boston and Washington, the White House says.
Granted, there's a lot of passenger traffic between Boston and Washington (and there are a couple of other cities, like New York and Philly, along the way). At least some of it goes by rail.

But there's more to the country than just the East Coast and California. Not that you'd know it if you lived there. 

(I've never lived in California but I've spent half my adult life on the East Coast. And I've liked it well enough. But I'm still a flyover-state kinda guy. And passenger rail needs a whole lot of work there too. How's that coming along, Joe?)

No comments: