3.26.2021

Iowa

I have never been to Iowa. I have seen Iowa from across the Mississippi River in Illinois, and I have flown over Iowa, or at least some place that claims to be Iowa, but until recently I assumed Iowa was not a real state, but more like some fictional Brigadoonish place that emerged from the mists of time for a little while every fourth year, held a caucus about something, and then disappeared again.

A while ago some neighbors of ours moved to Iowa and have not been seen since.

Recently, however, I have come to understand Iowa is a real state, populated by a lot of corn and some wind turbines, and people who go there do so because they want to be President.

That is the case, according to the Wall Street Journal, with Mike Pompeo, who is there now because he wants to run for President in 2024. Mike Pompeo is a former something in the administration of the former guy, who may himself want to be visiting Iowa before too long.

I haven't seen yet our former neighbors are running for President but I suppose it's still a possibility, as 2024 is still three years away.

One might think we'd have a little peace and quiet before starting in on a whole new election but apparently that's not to be.

No comments: