12.19.2020

Sometimes a guy just feels old

We’re Never Going Back to the 1950s

 Since 2010, 33 million households have either cut the cord or never signed up for cable TV in the first place. The traditional cable bundle is slowly dying

 Wait. Traditional? For most of the people alive today, I have to remind myself, it probably is. But not for a time traveler from the 1930's like myself. The first time I even saw a TV set, as far as I can recall, I was in junior high school and the 1950s was still a year away. It was the mid 50s before my family even owned a TV set, never mind a "cable bundle." 

I did have a cable bundle for a few years in the early 90s, back when CNN was a news station and not the 24-hour reality show it is today. Now, the closest I come to a "bundle" is when I subscribe to Hulu for a couple of months each year to watch college football. This year's subscription ends Monday.

No comments: