8.27.2019

From the Montagues and the Capulets to the Sharks and the Jets…

…and plenty of places in between, and before, and after, stories about lovers from different places, families, gangs, and whatnot are littered through the history of Lit.

This one is about vampires and witches. Not. Kidding.

It's A Discovery of Witches, by Deborah Harkness. It's definitely outside my normal scope of reading and I'm not putting it on the list (because this is just between us, OK?), but I read it on the urging of some friends and I kind of liked it, in an exploratory way (no, I'm not going to admit to much). It's the first book in a trilogy, the second of which is set in Elizabethan England, which sounds tempting enough to read as well (but not right away).

If you like books about vampires, witches, the occasional human, and, well, lots more kissing than necessary, you might want to give it a look.

No comments: