3.18.2019

Hard to tell if they're talking about Trump or that Beto guy*

"Interviews with some of those closest to him provide a window into a decision-making process that was organic and haphazard, one that involved a coterie of informal advisers and longtime friends and allowed thoughts to simmer before making a gut-level call. It is a process that informs how he will run his freewheeling and by-the-moment presidential campaign, as well as how his White House would operate if he were to get that far."

*From an emphatic no to an enthusiastic yes: How Beto O'Rourke decided to run for president - The Washington Post

And in other political news, I saw that Mayor of South Bend guy on the TeeVee last night (Queen of Terre Haute is too much to ask for, I guess); For the next 18 months, he's my guy. At the end of that time I expect he and 15 or 20 other Democratic candidates will have long since vanished in the snows of New Hampshire and I will still have plenty of time to consider those that are left. 


A nearly-two year campaign for the nomination to run for President is not only insufferably boring, it is also the reason money plays such an outsized role in modern politics. I say it's too much and I say to hell with it.

No comments: