2.21.2019

Two drugstores, one burger joint and one donut shop

That's how many places we can use Apple Pay (or any of the other pays) where I live. We are not exactly on the cutting edge here. In fact there is one place I regularly shop (I won't mention it's a grocery store) that can't even handle chipped cards yet. Because, well, when's the last time you heard the checkout counter person say, 
"Our quill pens are down today."?

Me, I use cashless payments any way I can. For one thing, I don't wind up with pockets full of coins.

Apple Pay adoption soars, but still lags in U.S.
Cult of Mac

The number of Apple Pay users continues to climb, but the country with the slowest adoption is the United States. Year over year figures show a 135 percent increase in Apple Pay users, a meteoric climb likely fueled when Apple added peer-to-peer payments at the beginning of 2018. Research conducted by investment firm Loup Ventures... Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

No comments: