2.05.2016

Did Hillary look yellow on TV last night or what?

Every time the camera was on Clinton I had an overwhelming urge to adjust the set. Bernie looked all healthy and pink-cheeked but Hillary looked jaundiced. I imagine it was the lighting that did that. I used to know a little about TV lighting and I can’t imagine how something like that could happen by accident. 

Maybe it was Donald Trump’s fault.

Also re: politics, it seems like the word “eke” is having a moment. Eke. One place it popped up this morning was in a NYTimes story that averred  Clinton “eked out” a win in Iowa making it sound like the contest there was close. The contest wasn’t close, only the finish was. Given that Clinton started with a 20-point (or 40, or 60, depending on where you start counting) advantage and wound up in a virtual, coin-flipping tie, well, that sounds like a pretty lopsided contest to me.

MORE: I saw a still photo this morning (Saturday, 2/6) that led me to believe that what caused the effect in question (pink Bernie, yellow Hillary) was not lighting but makeup.

No comments: