12.10.2014

A dog and lentil soup

I made lentil and garlic soup for supper yesterday. It was a concept I ran across in a novel about the Spanish Civil War. The recipe I just made up, but what could go wrong with lentils and garlic anyway? Too much garlic. But only just a little bit too much. (Chop some garlic and cook it in a little oil at the bottom of the pan first, then add lentils and water, and simmer.)

Also chicken parts. When I make lentil soup I generally toss in a couple of chicken thighs, makes for a pretty good meal.

But I ate all the chicken last night and still had some lentil soup left. This is a problem akin to eating bread and honey. I happen to have more chicken parts, but they’re frozen. Hence the dog. 

This gives me an opportunity to also eat ketchup, an automatic second vegetable (thanks, St. Ronald!).

No comments: