4.01.2014

Is it just me or is the fool count rising?

Why Do Americans Drink Coffee? | The American Conservative

Fortunately, I’m in an excellent mood today. I had a nightmare last night that was so totally awesome it was fun; I wish I could have the same dream tonight (but that kind of thing never happens, does it?). (Why not?)

Also I had grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. It’s been years since I made grilled cheese. I don’t know why, but when I was in the grocery store yesterday my head said get some of that flat cheese. I wish it had said something about bread too, because that goody-goody whole-grain stuff I’ve been using doesn’t grill up so well. But still.

I had a best friend when I was really, really young (like, second grade) (and no, you can’t imagine) whose mom (my friend’s mom) made grilled peanut butter and mayo sandwiches so excellent eating at his house (my friend’s house—are you still with me here?) was my favorite thing, and I’ve been trying to duplicate them ever since. But they’re never as good as I remember, and probably never will be. Today, though, cheese. And it was good.

No comments: