3.22.2014

Maybe this summer's project will be…

…to learn the names of the streets around here. I never know names of streets. I just know where I’m going, and how to get there. But since I walk around a lot I do get stopped, occasionally, by people seeking directions. I just sent two nice people in a red pickup truck off to Vermont. By mistake.

One thing about living in New England, if you take a wrong turn you could easily wind up in another state. Especially on the Interstate. My sister left Boston once on the Interstate and was in Rhode Island before she figured out she was driving the wrong direction. Fortunately for her, there’s an exit in Rhode Island. 

Of course another thing is, you can’t get lost. If you should ever feel you’re lost all you need to do is keep driving, and in five minutes or less you’ll be somewhere with a name. If you don’t recognize the name, you can at least find it on a map. And we all have maps with is now, don’t we? So you’re found.

The people in the pickup truck were looking for a bicycle shop. Fortunately they weren’t riding bicycles; if they were they could be peddling for quite a while. But in that big red truck, it won’t be long until they find their way back.

No comments: