10.04.2013

Where we're at

'I don't want it': Airman gives back paycheck, asks others to do same – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

“I am very frustrated with the government shutdown, and its impact on the very people we are fighting for, and more specifically, our most vulnerable Americans. I was equally as frustrated to see Congress choose to fund my paycheck while my brothers and sisters go without. I don't want it,” he said.

Meanwhile:

GOP Rep Says 'Dang Straight' He'll Collect His Paycheck During Shutdown

Rep. Lee Terry (R-NE) made it clear to the Omaha World-Herald in a story published Friday that he would collect his salary during the government shutdown. 

"Dang straight," Terry said when the newspaper asked whether he would collect his pay during the shutdown…

And:

 

Congresswoman Says She Should Get Paid During Shutdown: 'I Need My Paycheck' | ThinkProgress

Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC) told a Raleigh TV station Wednesday that she would continue to accept and keep her government paycheck during the shutdown. Her reason, she explained, was that she needs the money.

“I need my paycheck. That’s the bottom line.” Ellmers explained.…

Rep. Lee Terry (R-NE) took a similar line in an interview with Omaha World Herald: “I’ve got a nice house and a kid in college, and I’ll tell you we cannot handle it. Giving our paycheck away when you still worked and earned it? That’s just not going to fly.”

No comments: