10.12.2012

Biden convinced me…


Jim Messina, the president’s campaign manager, said in a statement that Mr. Biden did what Democrats were hoping he would do, calling the debate a “clash between facts and conviction on one side and glib lines and empty promises on the other.” 
That clash seemed to energize liberals. A commentary on Daily Kos, a liberal blog, concluded that Mr. Biden “delivered an eviscerating performance” and demonstrated “deep knowledge,” “huge heart” and “brutal honesty” during the debate. 
NYTimes

…no way I am smart enough or deserving enough to breathe the same air as a Democrat - or even a Vice-Democrat. All that giggling and grimacing and smirking may have seemed an "eviscerating performance" to the wonks at Daily Kos (or the Times) but to me it seemed like Biden had been up all night cramming and the uppers hadn't worn off yet. There were some things I wanted to hear a little discussion of but they just got snorted at. (And do you really think Obama will go to the wall for Social Security in the upcoming budget debates? Can you spell "fat chance"?)

I say screw them all. I won't vote for Romney. If Obama loses Massachusetts by a single vote you can blame it all on me. I've been voting for 20 years with my nose held and I simply will not do it again.

No comments: