8.05.2012

And still no candidate

Think about it: Neither major political party in the U.S. has nominated a candidate to run for president yet. Pretty amazing, right? And even without nominees the whole affair is reaching for new heights of entertainment.

My favorite so far is Obama trying to scare me with Romney's Evil Tax Plan while at the same time claiming he doesn't get to do what he wants because the mean old Congress won't let him. Dude. Really?

Maybe he's trying to tell me he thinks Romney will be much more forceful president that he's managed to be, or maybe he's trying to tell me he thinks that mean old Congress won't be so mean if Romney is in the White House, in which case what we really need is more mean congressmen. And women. Of course.

Or maybe he thinks I'm just too dumb too know it's Congress that makes the tax law, not the President. [Spoiler alert: That's probably it.]

No comments: