7.27.2012

Bang bang I'm bored

Every time one of these things happens, one of these shooting incidents, I'm saying, three kinds of people pop up: the kind that want to ban guns, the kind that don't want to ban guns, and the kind that think we should all just learn to get along. Those first two kinds are little annoying but it's the third that drives me nuts. Just read the letters in today's New York Times (or any other newspaper in the land, no doubt).

I have a solution to all this. I think we should accept the gun people at face value – guns don't kill people, people do – and freaking ban people. Really. Send them all to Alaska or some random -stan. People cause 98% of our problems anyway (the other 3% are caused by strange foreign fish*).

I can't see anything going wrong with this.

* Including illiteracy in arithmetic. – Ed

No comments: