4.13.2012

Fortunately I have options

I have a whole package of options, actually, called "hot dogs," which is strange because they are neither dogs nor hot (come on, they're in the refrigerator, dude). (Now that I think about it, maybe that's why sometimes we call hot dogs not hot dogs but tube steaks.) (Oh, never mind.) I was going to make beef stew but I got hung up on the phone trying to help someone solve a computer problem and missed the window. So, options for supper tonight. Which is fine, I like hot dogs. Especially if you count the ketchup as a veggie.

But boys and girls, really. It is a good idea to keep your software at least marginally up to date. Because when your software gets too old (when, for example, the mold gets more than two or three versions thick) it can seriously mung ("mash until no good," so not a totally accurate use of the word but very close in spirit) the way other software on your computer runs until the whole thing is, or is perilously close to being, well, munged. And you haven't run a backup in the last year or so either, have you. No. I thought not.

This is why you really should always have some options close at hand. Also, a bag of chips.

No comments: