1.08.2012

No more piling on

New Hampshire Debate: The Trickless-Dick Mitt Fix Is In, by Charles P. Pierce - Esquire

In brief, Saturday night may have been the most naked piece of point-shaving and game-throwing since the 1919 World Series. I've seen fixed prizefights where the issue was more in doubt. The other candidates went so far into the tank for Willard that they may not dry off until next August.…

I watched part of that show last night myself. Watching any more would be just piling on. I already know more about those guys than I need to, want to, or ever in my life hoped to. (And what strange kind of fantasy world does that guy Perry live in, anyway: Iran will get back into Iraq at the speed of light?) Enough is enough.

Our Midwest bureau editor noticed a line from Maureen Dowd's column this morning: "It's like they're running for president of Leave It to Beaverland." Sounds about right to me.

No comments: