9.13.2011

Yes!

The CNN tea party debate in 75 seconds | Raw Replay

Missed the CNN Tea Party debate Monday evening?

Yes I missed the great debate, I mean. My wireless router went out Monday evening – a miracle! – and I was spared. There was, however, a price for this salvation: I spent most of yesterday screaming great obscenities at the router known as Topaz before just giving up and installing, instead, an old router (Emerald) which had been sitting on the shelf for a year or so and was scheduled to be given away tomorrow (not so much now), and then perusing the technical docs online and deciding a factory reset of Topaz was in order, which reset, after more great obscenities and reconfiguration finally put Topaz back online. Emerald is now turned off but still plugged in, waiting, and I can now swap out routers in three seconds flat. &%^)$%%#

So then, having swapped routers twice in as many days, I decided to print out a short (2-item) list of the relevant passwords for the convenience of others who use the same router and when I went to print it – we're talking four short lines of black ink on white paper here – the printer refused to work because it was out of friggin' light figgin' magenta ink. WTF? I hate color printers. I am never going to buy another one. Never. From now on it's either black-only printers or quill friggin' pens. Or I will take my file to somebody else's house and print it there. I'm not too proud. 

And the printer still won't work because the printer won't recognize (WTF is recognize?) the brand friggin' new friggin' light friggin' magenta cartridge I put in. 

So then, quill pen.

Arrrggghhhhh.

2 comments:

Lynn C Dot said...

1) My printer ONLY prints magenta, so we should work something out.
2) Monday is "Speak Like A Pirate Day," so good practice.
3) AAarrggggh. (Dude, I feel ya.)

Ted Compton said...

Like, you print the magenta part and then snail mail it to me and in a couple of weeks...

Aarrrrrggghhhh.