8.31.2011

If I start looking a little green this afternoon...

...it's because I stirred up some powdered milk and put it in my tea. I found this box of powdered milk at the back of a high kitchen shelf not long ago – I figure it's been there for at least 10 years, maybe quite a bit longer. I tried to throw it away but there are at least four one-quart packages there so I couldn't. There's no expiration date anywhere I can see, on the box or on the still-sealed envelopes inside. So I figure, how sick can I get? I mixed up an envelope and it doesn't smell too bad and tastes OK, so how can putting a little bit in a cup of tea hurt, right?

Right?

2 comments:

Lynn C Dot said...

My guess is, you'll be fine. I don't drink milk anymore, so I have a box of the powdered stuff around for baking. Keeps longer. Apparently, much longer.

Ted Compton said...

Yup, it seems to work just fine.