6.17.2011

The rolls of the unemployed grow by one this afternoon...

...to include me. I am now officially unemployed. w00t.

This development was neither unexpected (lot of budget cutting going around, you may have noticed) nor traumatic (my work schedule was down to only about 14 or 15 hours per month anyway, so while the extra income was handy it was hardly a defining sum). Still. Officially I am not unemployed until the end of the month, but since I have no work scheduled between now and then it's really now.

This may be a good thing, actually, because I'm about ready for a new career anyway. I'm thinking brain surgery or perhaps emptying bedpans, something in the medical line, since health care seems to be the only growth industry in these parts. Or maybe skydiving would be fun. Who knows.

First, I'm having burgers for supper and to hell with the broccoli, is what I say.

2 comments:

Lynn C Dot said...

Aw, crap. Sorry to hear it.

Now you can pursue expansion of the Empire, although you might have to change the 76003 tag line to "Avoiding Work More Or Less Permanently."

Or "Work Avoiding Me One Day At A Time."

Ted Compton said...

Expanding the Empire is definitely a possibility.