4.09.2011

Chocolate chip cookies

I have a sister who can not walk past a display of baked goods without buying some, or even so much as look at a list of baked goods on a menu without ordering, but she is apparently trying to watch calories or perhaps sugar these days and so has taken some kind of occult vow not to eat baked goods during this month of April (the cruelest month, as you know) and in consequence of that vow, while visiting the farmers' market this morning, bought a chocolate chip cookie and brought it home to me. I am trying to lose weight myself but unfortunately for the cookie I have negative will power, so I ate it. There was something wrong with it. Some ingredient. Orange juice, would be my guess, or possibly just an orange flavoring or something else, whatever. Somebody must have thought it would be cute to put that in.

Folks, one of the things in this life that should not be screwed around with is the chocolate chip cookie. Chocolate chip cookies are supposed to taste like chocolate friggin' chip cookies and not something else. OK, sure, you can put a few nuts in there if you must. Some people actually like the them that way, I don't know why. But that's it. Anything else is just weird. And wrong. Just plain wrong.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Amen!!