11.30.2010

But I didn't get anything to put on my refrigerator, so that's too bad

I took the 7:00 bus this morning down to the VA hospital in Leeds (Northampton) for my ultrasound and was back before noon. Cost: $2.50. So not bad. And I'm not pregnant, it turns out, which is fine with me. Whatever else I may or may not be I have to wait and find out from my doctor. This was just a routine screening but, of course, it might possibly turn out they find what they were screening for (imminent death); I am, however, enthusiastically hopeful. 

Unfortunately, while this was going on, I didn't get to lie in any one position long enough to go to sleep but while I was rolled over onto one side I was able, briefly, to see the video screen on which this ultrasound thing was being displayed. It reminded me of the 1952 Rose Bowl (Wisconsin v. USC) which I saw on a black-and-white TV in Duluth, Minnesota, a city with no TV. So I  couldn't make any sense of that either, except Wisconsin lost.

No comments: