4.30.2010

In three hilarious acts

Imagine. Once upon a time, when you walked into a bank they gave you money. How cool was that.

My own bank, TDBank (it's mostly in New England; the TD stands for Toronto Dominion), has installed a new ATM machine, made by NCR, which is more fun than a video arcade, lots of slots and little doors that open and green lights flashing everywhere, it looks like a 1950's version of a space ship's bridge, awesome cool. Man. It is, however, so complicated that I'm not sure the money I put in (putting money in is, right there, a rare event so it'll take me quite a while to really get used to this thing) is really in. If you see what I mean. I guess I will have to log in to find out.

Meanwhile, speaking of technostuff, it turns out the little sign that comes on on the clothes dryer when it finishes with your clothes, "clean lint," actually means remove the lint. I thought it was some kind of commendation, like, "clean lint there, dude, way to go." But no.


2 comments:

Lynn C Dot said...

The theater is still here and so is the cast - "a world-famous, Broadway-caliber celebration of the music, dance, and comedy of the 40s, 50s, and 60s with a cast old enough to have lived it!"

Bank used to give you money, huh? The Plaza Theater is home now to the Palm Springs Follies. Fitting.

http://www.psfollies.com/

Ted Compton said...

The most fun you can have in Palm Springs?