12.21.2009

So it doesn't seem I'm missing all that much

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration took aim Monday at tarmac horror stories, ordering airlines to let passengers stuck in stranded airplanes to disembark after three hours.

link: Gov't imposes 3-hour limit on tarmac strandings - Yahoo! News

I haven't flown anywhere since the early 90's so I am blissfully unaware of what commercial flying is like these days. If it's like this - people stuck for 2, 3 hours on a plane while the plane itself just sits there on the ground - I'd just as soon take the bus.


1 comment:

Lynn C Dot said...

(Rolling eyes.) I can't believe something like this had to be legislated. I suppose there are regulations and safety issues that got in the way of human decency so I understand how we got to this point. Would have been better, though, if the industry figured out a solution.