9.01.2009

Scrude

Is this my day for stuff not working? I'm broken down on the Interstate, no transmission. Tow on the way.

Oh wait. Was this supposed to be a twit?

Later: Well that was sweet. I had an appointment with my mechanic tomorrow morning to investigate a kind of funny, whiny noise that seemed to be coming from beneath my car when it accelerated but hey, no need for that now. I found out what it was. The transmission. Died. Dead. On the Interstate. Amen.

Not that I was entirely unprepared. Last Spring I invested in a heavyweight AAA card, the kind that pays for towing anywhere on the planet (just about) on, well, let's call it something more than a hunch. Prescience I'd call it now, but then that's now.

The question is, will it be worth fixing. There will be some guys crawling around under it tomorrow trying to figure out an answer to that. I was hoping to get through one more winter with it but it's been clear for a while now the end is near. For the car, I mean. The end for the car.

Re: me, we'll see.


No comments: