9.24.2009

Chicken forever, or at least until next week

Yesterday I bought a six-pound package of chicken because it was $.75 per pound and because it was, well, a package, all or nothing, and I brought it home and put it in a pot and boiled it or stewed it or whatever it is you do to chicken when you put it in real hot water and leave it there for a while. And of course I had chicken for supper, last night, but now I have this huge supply of leftover chicken, enough to last forever or at least until next week. The problem with cooking for one is it's hardly worth the trouble to make a big casserole, chicken and noodles and mushrooms and oh that sounds good, I'm just saying, or chicken soup, so what it's gonna be is chicken sandwiches until next week. Or more.

4 comments:

-p said...

Make the soup! You were almost half way there...

Lynn C Dot said...

Soup sounds good. I have a good recipe for chicken tortilla soup(Rachel Ray). Shred some and add BBQ sauce for sandwiches. Potato chips on the side!

...e... said...

soup is good if it's cold enough out, but casseroles are good too. they can be divided up into 2 cup servings (or whatever) and frozen, with no damage to the contents. i eat lunch at school this way: stick the container in the lunch box and by lunchtime it's fairly well defrosted and only needs a reheat in the micro.

Ted Compton said...

Whoa. I'm gonna need more chicken.

Actually, it is getting on toward cool enough to cook, at least. 60º as we speak. Next time I'll just throw a bunch of noodles in there, maybe a carrot...or wait, I have a good recipe for chicken tetrazzini...or wait, BBQ sauce? Yummm.