1.05.2009

OK, I've had it with these "severe weather" alerts


IT REMAINS UNCERTAIN WHAT THE PREDOMINANT PRECIPITATION TYPE WILL BE FROM THIS STORM. IF THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM TRACKS CLOSER TO THE COAST... MORE OF AN ICE EVENT CAN BE EXPECTED WITH JUST SOME SNOW AT THE ONSET. IF THE LOW TRACKS FURTHER SOUTH...WE WILL BE DEALING WITH SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW WITH NOT AS MUCH ICE. REGARDLESS...THE WEDNESDAY MORNING RUSH HOUR MAY BE QUITE MESSY SO PLAN ACCORDINGLY.

[From Severe Weather Alert - weather.com ]

I know, I know, some people need to know this stuff but they should have some kind of opt-out button, nyeah nyeah neyeah I can't hear you, or maybe a rating system like the movies. Because, I'm just saying here, it's bad enough to go out in the morning and find you car in a cake of ice without having to worry about it two days in advance.


This morning, well, it wasn't a cake exactly, but it was a definite shell, at least. I scraped on the windows for a while and then just said to hell with it and walked - slid, more like, because the sidewalks were ice-slick too - to my morning class. I needed the car for my afternoon class but by the time I got home at noon the ice had pretty much all melted off. Whew.


So now they want me to start worrying about Wednesday morning?


No way.



No comments: