10.23.2008

Stick a fork in it

Bunky, it is way, way past done. This election thing, I mean.


Some of the very people who only a few months ago were all worked up about "sexism" in coverage of Hillary's campaign are now deep into yipping about Sarah Palin's clothes. Over at HuffPo they even have a slide show with close-up pictures of Palin's shoes. (Note to all the many, many women who try to impress me with their shoes: Don't bother. I can't tell the difference. Also, I can't see Navy blue.)


Style guru (if the Boston Herald says so) Carson Kressley sniffs, "[Palin] looks very generic to me." Oh, the pain.


Of course the "scandal" is Republicans (the RNC) reportedly spent some $150,000 on Palin's makeover, including, says Huffpo, $4,716.49 on "hair and makeup." (For the detail-oriented, that equates to approximately 15.722 Bill Clinton haircuts.) But hey. If the Republicans want to spend that money putting lipstick on their pit bull instead of buying more attack ads, who am I to complain?


Just call it spreading the wealth around to Neiman Marcus and Saks. And Harriet the Hairdresser.



No comments: