9.04.2008

A freakin' mazing


Palin casts herself as Washington outsider

[From The Associated Press: Palin casts herself as Washington outsider]

I saw that headline on the local rag this afternoon - turns out it's ripped straight from the AP story (nice work, guys!).


I didn't hear the speech myself so tell me, exactly how much casting did she need to do? Palin is just barely from inside the US, let alone inside Washington, DC. (I allow the possibility they were referring to Washington, State of, but she's actually a pretty far piece outside that too.)


The Palin nomination has reduced the media - mainstream and otherwise - to gibbering.


I actually read on a well-known (and heretofore, by me, at least, respected) lefty blog this morning accusing - yes, accusing, Bunky - Palin of delivering a "highly scripted speech." Holy freakout, Batman! Anybody who'd stand up before a convention of that import, on worldwide TV, and deliver a speech not highly scripted would have pudding between his ears. Or her ears. As the case may be. I'm just saying here. What was she supposed to do, wing it?


The lefty blogs, speaking of lefty blogs, seem to have just plain melted down. The volume of gossip, rumor, innuendo, and what-can-you-call-it-but slime being hurled about in those "netroots" precincts is astounding. Who knew all this time they were understudying "Little Green Footballs?" I'm amazed.


Look. I'm not likely to vote for McCain-Palin in a week of Sundays - the question is only, will I vote for the D's?


Maybe, I'm beginning to think, not.



No comments: