3.28.2008

What I'm saying is, a pox on them all

A good friend in Chicago once explained to me why he listened to a classical-music station in the morning while he was getting ready for work. He said, if you listen to any of the other stations all you hear about is mayhem in the streets and traffic jams on the expressways, but if you listen to WFMT you find out it's Beethoven's birthday.


Which is pretty much what I was thinking the other day when I dumped all the "news" from my podcast list and loaded up my iPod with stuff from NPR. NPR has an awesome collection of excellent podcasts - check out iTunes or the NPR web site - any one of which makes better listening than the endless caterwauling about what Hillary said or who Obama listens to. And I don't even want to think about that other guy.


I figure it'll all be over someday, and in the meantime I'm catching up on Fresh Air.



No comments: