11.16.2007

Horsefeathers and poppycock

Obama, who opened with a shot at Clinton on that very issue, looked shakiest. He acknowledged that as an Illinois legislator he voted for illegal immigrants to be trained, licensed and insured "to protect public safety." But in what sounded like a reprise of the Clinton wobble, he quickly added, "I am not proposing that is what we do."

His final answer, when pressed about support several times, was "Yes."

(SFGate)

Wobble? I think not. He wasn't asked for a proposal, he was asked for his opinion, which he explained completely and clearly, but his answer didn't please Wolfie, who couldn't fit it on a bumper sticker. So he was badgered down to "yes." What part of "yes" does this guy not understand?

I don't count myself in Obama's camp but I agree with him on one thing and the little bit of that boondoggle in Las Vegas I watched was enough for me to decide on my own personal litmus test - I don't vote for anybody who doesn't agree to remove or at the very least increase the cap on Social Security taxes. Dude, I've paid plenty of them and I know how nice it is to max out in May or June but it just ain't fair. If Social Security needs money, as the politicos like to claim, that's the remedy, and it's not a tax increase, as Clinton and the Rs would have it, it's a tax-break reduction. And that's that.

No comments: